January 10, 2009

Bookish

I have always been something of a book nerd, devouring every page that came my way and hording them in my overflowing shevles. After becoming a mommy 3.5 years ago, you have thought I would have less time for my books. But in truth, I had more time than I had in several years. I would read while nursing and putting them to sleep. And Kaiya went through a long period of teething when she would wake up every time I would try to lay her down so I would sit and hold her and read.
But that was before Knitsational. Now when I sit to nurse I am here in front of the computer or have yarn and needles in my hand. And my poor books (and mind) have been neglected. So, I thought I'd start the new year off with a nice stack of books. Considering I could probably count on one hand how many books I read in '08 I'm afraid I might be a little over ambitious, especially since I was planning to be a steady blogger this year, too. But it gives me something to shoot for.
I've decided to start with Living Loving and Learning by Leo Buscaglia. I've read it once before but it's been quite awhile and it's really excellent. A few of them I've already read but a good book is like a friend to visit with.

Oh, and I didn't get a chance to write the patterns up yet but I have 2 new cuffs for the shop.






5 comments:

Kim Caro said...

books are fun

jk said...

I *love* to read as well, but haven't been getting much reading done lately either. Blogging is so fun and I get such inspiration for things I do at home with the kids through the wonderful bloggers out there, but it takes so much time away from other pursuits, such as reading!!

Annie B said...

enjoy the reading - I joined a book club last year which at least forces me to put the knitting down every now and then and pick a book up - and I used to be an avid reader. -That book you linked to looks very interesting - am off to take a further look

take care and enjoy!
X

Renee toeNja said...

I love to read also. I just finished a huge biography on The Beatles.

Rachel Kovaciny said...

Nursing is the best time for reading, isn't it? I'm not pushing Daniel to get weaned, and it's partly because I'd miss my snatched minutes of reading time!

Maybe you could have a reading goal, like one book a month or something, that would get you motivated to make time to read?